Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hot Wheels Aren't Just for Boys!

Hello hello world!

I've spoken plenty about how I was a tomboy when I was an itty bitty kiddie and what's a tomboy without her racing cars?! While other little girls were fawning over their Barbies and baby dolls, I kept my eyes open for amazing cars by Hot Wheels! I remember going to McDonald's after a long day at the Barnes & Noble at Union Square (where I definitely spent a good portion of my life in and still do) and whenever they would have either Barbie or Hot Wheels accompany a Happy Meal, I made sure I looked as boyish as possible so that I was guaranteed a Hot Wheels car. If they somehow noticed that I was a girl, though, I'd just ask to get the toy exchanged (but I have always disliked asking questions which is why I tried to avoid it as much as I could).

As I grew up, though, the cars got passed along to my younger brother, who has built up an incredible collection since then, and I set my eyes on things like Kingdom Hearts, Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. While I worked at Kmart, though, I was browsing their wares one night and found my eyes stuck on this Hot Wheels shirt for the ladies and there were no hesitations in that purchase! I've worn it dozens of times and what I love is that it fits so well and gives the tough Hot Wheels a feminine touch (or gives the female wearing it a tougher look?).



I paired it with some grey skinny jeans (which I swear was blue when I first got them but I'm not complaining--saves me money from buying an actual pair of grey ones lol) and a heather grey boyfriend blazer and my beloved red pumps. I chose these pieces because they accentuate the female form well along with the shirt but with the loose fit that comes with a boyfriend blazer, polishes it up some while giving it a laid back appeal simultaneously.

Hair and makeup followed suit with a hint of rosiness on the lips while keeping the rest of my face clean and my hair loose and in its confused curly-wavy state but pinned back at the top to change it up a bit.

What do you think of this outfit? Were you a Hot Wheels kid or a Barbies kid or neither? What was your favorite toy as a child (books count too!)? Are there ways you incorporate your childhood loves into your adult life? Have your jeans ever changed color on you (hope I'm not alone on this one)?

VAROOM!!  (lol I just had to!)

Hasta Luego!

Love,
Little Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment