Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

Word of the Day: Unconventional

Hey there once again!

I'm going to have to keep this post short as I'm in the process of figuring out what to wear for the fashion show tomorrow a.k.a. later on tonight (I'm such a role model when it comes to preparation right?)! I just wanted to share with you all my outfit from today because it took some pants normally associated with the emo and/or punk style and transformed it into something completely different. Give it a look-see:


 





Bet you didn't see that coming did ya?! From the moment I put this together, the word "unconventional" came to mind. These pants were actually a gift from a good friend back in high school, back when, to an extent, I was associated with a punk-emo hybrid (and for some reason this does still continue, though I'm not quite sure why). I was actually considering getting rid of them but right when they were about to be out the door, I decided to keep them and see how I could work it into my ever-changing style. Well, today was the day I figured it out! I love how this actually looks very formal yet has an edge because of the zippers on the pants as well as the chains on the necklace and the studs of the purse. I suppose that could be the classification of it: Feminine Formal Edge. Whatever it is, I really loved it.

Also, I thought it was really cool that even though my trench was missing 2 of its buttons (in case you didn't notice) as well as the original belt (misplaced?), it still has the ability to be worn and look fabulous! Having added the red belt to match the shoes and keeping the coat itself looking pulled together really does wonders to the look before the outerwear even gets taken off!

What do you think about this one? Have you ever taken something from a completely different style and transformed it into something that could practically be its polar opposite? Have you found ways to make really old items work like new? Do you have any idea what you would call this (I'm still unsure about my title)? Have you ever found a way to take an item that others would deem trash and make into a treasure for your wardrobe?

Back to figuring out my outfit now! Can't wait to show you all how tomorrow turns out! Have a happy Friday y'all!

Hasta Luego!

Love,
Little Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment