Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

National Wear Red Day 2011

Hey Loves!

Hope you all have been well during my continuous hiatus. I will be honest and say I've been struggling with keeping up with this blog, even though I spend many of my days dreaming up of potential posts and what not. Regardless, it is work to manage it and when one is trying to manage their life in general, it gets tough. It's been a shame I've been neglecting this but I'm really hoping that now that school has started up and I've settled in, I can really get some work done. I have so many breaks in the day now that I'm sure I'll be capable of having at least one or 2 posts in the week for you all to enjoy. So let's get to it shall we?

Friday, February 4th, 2011 was "National Wear Red Day." But wait, wasn't that the case already for "World AIDS Day?" Yes, but red is also the color to signify Women's Heart Health and this day is dedicated to promoting awareness of it, as heart failure is the number one killer of women in the nation! There is plenty we can do to try and help the cause, which is why, even though the day has passed, I still bring it to your attention because it is something worth noting and doing something about.

Hopefully, you all wore some red on this day! You know I did! But then again, I'll wear red practically any and every day. Giving me a wonderful reason to do so only makes me that much more excited! Sadly, the weather here in The City has been anything but lovely, except for the past few days as I'll show you in another post soon, so I couldn't don my beloved red heels but I made up for it by trying to mix comfort and cuteness. I personally love the look and want to definitely try it more often. What do you all opine?

    
 
**Everything from Forever 21 except purse and booties (K-mart). Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in "Very Cherry"

A little rouge on the lips, a lovely polka dot tank, and a luscious red purse covered my red attire while keeping it warm (obviously while outside more layers were thrown on but they're usually the same old so I don't bother to show them, unless you guys wanted to see what that looks like). Instead of going for the usual black and red, I decided to switch it up a bit and got with grey, which was definitely a big neutral trend this season. I really love the layering of the tank with the henley and thought it was a cute idea to have it peek out beneath it. It gives it a lovely pop so it isn't such a drab yet cozy little outfit. Makeup wise, the beauty of the ideal red lipstick is that's all you need to keep things looking splendid. For a girl like me who is constantly running somewhere (most likely late) it's quick and simple yet gives your face some serious elegance.

How do you all feel about this outfit? Love or not feeling it? What would you do different? Did you wear any red on this day? Do you plan on doing anything else to try and help the cause?

Just a reminder: Though we have these lovely days to dress for a cause, once that day is over, it doesn't mean you should stop being proactive in your support. For anyone interested in this specific cause, I advise you to look into Go Red for Women, which is the biggest group in the country for Women's Heart Health Awareness and Support.

Looking forward to hearing from you all and definitely expect more frequent posts on my behalf!

With Love,

Little Luna

P.S. Would you guys be interested in me setting up a twitter account to follow me on my misadventures? I'm not really into it but if you guys are, I'm willing to oblige, as the facebook page has created some issues for me. Also, I'll probably be setting up an email for you all to contact me with questions, comments, etc. I'll let you know when that's up.

1 comment:

  1. Love love looooove your hair, hun! The ponytail fits you so well.

    ~Henry

    ReplyDelete