Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Day as a Goddess










Today I wore my first maxi dress (and I couldn't have waited any longer seeing as summer's almost over!) and boy, did I love it! I had finally found one that I really loved and fit me well and waited till a beautiful day to wear it to school (unfortunately I couldn't take pictures while outside during the beautiful day or night but my room suited well enough, sort of :P). I tell you, the moment I put it on and saw myself in the mirror, I felt truly amazing. I honestly felt the confidence surge and I made the decision that today, I would take the shoes of a goddess. By this I meant I would carry on throughout my day with the utmost confidence and would not let the minor ills of the day get me down. It felt great to do so, and others surely noticed it as well for the compliments I got for the simple dress worn with some flip flops, a few simple accessories, my hair loose and, once it got chillier, my navy fly-away (not seen here). I think the lesson is to invest in something that really suits you and it isn't just about the trends going on. It is all about what brings about that inner-confidence that we all have but don't let out too often. I'm definitely going back to the store I got this dress at and most likely picking up a few more in other colors. Especially when they were under $10! How could you go wrong?

So what do you guys think? Do you like this simple look? I didn't pair any make-up with it, but I the next time I do wear it, I would like to add a little bit of a make-up look to it, but at the same time, I feel like the statement was already made. How do you feel about it? And I'd love to know if you all have a favorite item that you feel truly brings out that inner-God or Goddess the moment you put it on and what about it makes you feel that way. I know for me it was the fact that the dress really flattered my figure and proved that less is more since I didn't have to show much skin to make my statement known.

Thanks for reading! And next time you go shopping, if you don't have an item already, look for it! And if you do, try and find more of it in other colors! You can never have too many of the thing that is a branch of who you are.

Love,

Little Luna

1 comment: