Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Min(i) to Max(i)

Hey everyone!

Before I jump into all the excitement going on this week with IFBCon, Fashion's Night Out, and New York Fashion Week (yes, it seems I will be doing some coverage--trying to expand my horizons), I want to introduce you to how I'll be covering my personal style posts from now on! I started school last week, meaning outfits galore to share with you all! But writing a post for each outfit and detailing them and so on can get exhausting, and in trying to add some new material on here as well as trying to revive my other blog, it'd just become very challenging. So an idea came about: Each week shall carry a theme of some sort and I'll base every outfit I wear to school on it and at the end of the week, I'll give you a round-up of different ways to work it! I figured it would be a great way to challenge myself to stick to something while transforming it each day as well as offering y'all some ideas you can incorporate into your own style! Sounds like fun? Well, let's not waste anymore time and get started!

As I mentioned, I started college once again last week and I wasn't quite ready to give up my summer looks just yet so I made my theme of the week HEMLINES. You've seen skirts of all types of lengths this summer, from the mini-est mini skirts to the longest of maxi skirts and everything in between. Hemlines have also played a role in tops as well, with cropped tops making a mega-resurgence as of late. I only had classes for two days, though, so I decided to stick to the extremes on the scale and started school off with a bang with the following two outfits:

Wednesday's Outfit


I often hear that when wearing a mini skirt, one should wear them with flats but A. I really don't like to wear flats B. I really don't like rules! Because of the plaid print of the skirt, I wanted to go for a fun preppy look, to keep everything else conservative, so I paired it with a clean white sleeveless button up, a grey vest, and black patent/faux croc-skin accessories (pumps, wide ruffle belt, and purse).

Since there is a hint of pink on the skirt, I added some pink lips (a little faded by the time I took my pics for the day). Since the preppy look consists of little makeup, some mascara on the eyes as well and having had a blowout the previous day, my hair was left to blow in the wind.

Thursday's Outfit


The following day, after leaving the school at a bit of a standstill on the first day with the mini (it's a bit unusual to see at my school at least) I went for the complete opposite with this vintage printed maxi (with pockets!) that I found in my mom's closet. I did go with an opposing force on top, though, with this striped crop top that since buying it, I have practically been living in it! With all that blue, though, I kept my accessories neutral and vintage as well with exception to my little black sparrow necklace and bohemian earrings with red and pink beads dangling from it. I will say that those shoes totally KILLED my tootsies though, so I don't expect to be wearing them again, sadly (maybe in the fall with tights if anything). They were the almost-perfect wedges though.

In keeping with the bohemian babe, I kept a fresh face and again, easy breezy beautiful hair!

What are your preferred hemlines? When wearing certain hemlines, do you abide by certain rules (flats with minis, heels/wedges with maxis, etc.)? Do you channel a certain type of style when you wear a certain hemline (mini=preppy & maxi=bohemian in this case)? How do you like to accessorize when you wear them?


I hope to be updating all weekend and week so stay tuned! Hasta Luego!


Love,
Little Luna

1 comment:

  1. Omg these are so fun, you have such a great personality.

    ReplyDelete