Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Dress for Success"/World AIDS Day

Continuing on the subject of fashion shows, today was actually the first annual "Dress for Success" Fashion Show at my school! Unfortunately the weather was simply awful today (rain, clouds, and 50 mph winds!) but I toughed it out in my little red heels (Eat your heart out Dorothy!) and made it through the day. I wasn't expecting to be in the actual show but due to a lack of models, I did participate, and enjoyed my 5 seconds of fame! lol My debate team was there as well as a few other friends, so the support definitely made me feel good. Though the turn-out wasn't huge, there was a good amount of people there and they seemed to have enjoyed it. My friend Evie, who also participated, even overheard people calling us models so that's definitely a wonderful thing to hear!










I wanted to offer a little explanation for my outfit choice. I was aiming for a business casual look (I think I got it pretty well) that could transition from day to night and so I stuck to a neutral color scheme. The day of the show was December 1st, which was also World AIDS Day, and I wanted to lend my support, especially because I know of someone who is dear to me who has a family member that has AIDS so I dedicated this to them and their family, so I incorporated the color of participation into my look: Red. As you can see, my accessories, for the most part, had the color red. I feel like it lent a lot to the look and made it stand out very nicely, and definitely helped to accomplish the goal of making a day-to-night outfit. It also felt good to show my support for such an important cause at school along with many others.

I hope you all participated somehow and won't stop once the day is over. There are so many ways one can help those who suffer from AIDS and it becomes easier and more accessible each day. So I urge you to go out and look for how you can give your support and raise awareness.

That's all for tonight Loves! I hope you enjoyed the post as well as the look. Think it was a "Successful" look? Could I land a job if I went to an interview like this? Speak your minds! I love to hear it!

Hasta luego Loves!

Con Amor,

Little Luna

P.S. I now have a facebook page so find "Little Luna" and press that like button! You can find more accessible updates about the blog and can talk all you want about the Loves in your life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment